Tippecanoe School Corporation

PTO

WEA RIDGE P.T.O. Officers 2017-2018

Heidi Wallar, President, don@mulberryhealth.com

Roxanna Holle, Vice President, rholle12@gmail.com

Amber Laffoon, Secretary, alaffoon1022@gmail.com

Dana Blanchard, Treasurer, blancharddana@yahoo.com

Amber Holle, Co-Treasurer, alholle@gmail.com

Wea Ridge Elementary

Minutes

September

Monday, September 11, 2017 PTO Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting was called to order
  • Attendance
  • All officers, minus Amber Holle, one teacher representative, and four parent members, were present.
  • Presidents Report
  • Heidi Wallar reported that Aricka is working on spirit wear fliers and those were to be dropped off on September 11 for distribution in Friday folders. Spirit wear is being done through Knoy Apparel this year.
  • Treasurers Report
  • Tax returns have not yet been completed.
  • Teacher support checks will go out once money had come in from the candle sale.
  • The PTO savings account has about $20,000 in it and the checking account has approximately $5,000.
  • Events
  • Family Fun Night scheduled for 10/13/17 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
  • Heidi Wallar and Missy Williams and Mrs. Meyers will be chairing this event.
  • Barry’s Bounce House has been scheduled ($900)
  • Pizza, drinks, and Kona Ice will be served again this year.
  • RSVP's to be counted after the next PTO meeting, October 9th. Volunteers needed to stay after meeting to help.
  • Book Fair will be open for shopping from 6:00-8:00.
  • Parent Teacher Conferences scheduled for 10/17/17 and 10/19/17
  • Lindsey Piechnik is the chair for the Book Fair event. They will need 2 to 3 parents each night 10/17 and 10/19 from 5:15 – 7:00 to help work.
  • Catering for the teachers’ dinner will be coordinated by Jessica Jones.
  • Candle Sales scheduled to run 9/8/17 – 9/15/17
  • Dana Blanchard will chair this fundraiser.
  • Volunteers needed after school Monday, September 18th to help sort and organize order forms.
  • Volunteers needed during the school day starting at 12:00 Friday, October 13th do help sort orders and deliver to the classrooms.
  • Candles will be distributed during parent teacher conferences week of 10/17/17
  • Fannie Mae Candy Sales scheduled to begin on 10/19/17
  • Erica Schuemann will once again chair this event.
  • Roxanna Holle has volunteered to start working with Erica over the next couple of years so that she will be able to take over as chair when Erica is done in 2018.
  • Distribution will be in December. Volunteers will be need to help sort orders that will go home with the students.
  • Movie Night scheduled for 11/17/17
  • Still need a chair person for this event.
  • Holle's will try to get donated popcorn from the movie theater again.
  • Flyer will go out prior to the event.
  • Donuts for Dads scheduled for November
  • Michelle Harding to chair, still need a co-chair.
  • Roxanna and Dana to help pick up the morning of.
  • Michelle to get date options from Brenda in the front office.
  • Restaurant Nights
  • Alicia Wozniak will be organizing these events this year. Rosio Lopez to help print reminder fliers for distribution to the students.
  • Monday, September 18th - Hot Box Pizza
  • Tuesday, October 3rd –Pink Walrus
  • Monday, November 6th –Arni’s
  • Will keep us updated as the events are scheduled.
  • Box Tops
  • Amber Simons will coordinate this.
  • Unfinished Business
  • None at this time.
  • New Business
  • PTO to look into using sign up genius or school wide text alerts to send out volunteer requests for events. Will need to find out if this would be allowed.
  • The next PTO meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 9th at 6:00 p.m.
  • The meeting was adjourned.

Submitted by Amber Laffoon, PTO Secretary

October

Monday, October 9, 2017 PTO Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting was called to order.
  • Attendance
  • All officers, minus Amber Holle, Roxanna Holle, and Dana Blanchard, two teacher representatives, Mr. Gabauer and four parent members were present.
  • Presidents Report
  • Heidi Wallar reported that Family Fun Night is coming up on October 13, 2017.
  • Treasurers Report
  • Neither Amber or Dana were present.
  • Events
  • Spirit Wear
  • Aricka has picked up the order forms to turn in.
  • Estimated delivery not known.
  • Parent Teacher Conferences scheduled for 10/17/17 and 10/19/17
  • Joanne Sprunger has the following retirees to work the book fair on Tuesday and Thursday from 3:45-5:15 Deb Kolczak, Kathy Swink, Marge Sprunger and Nancy Peters.
  • Lindsey Piechnik is the chair for the Book Fair event. They will need 2 to 3 parents each night 10/17 and 10/19 from 5:15 – 7:00 to help work.
  • Catering for the teachers’ dinner will be coordinated by Jessica Jones. She plans to do pizza one night and Chick-Fil-A the other night.
  • Jessica also reported that she had completed the survival bags for the teachers.
  • Candle Sales scheduled to run 9/8/17 – 9/15/17
  • Candles will be distributed during parent teacher conferences week of 10/17/17
  • Fannie Mae Candy Sales scheduled to begin on 10/19/17
  • Erica Schuemann will once again chair this event.
  • Distribution will be in December. Volunteers will be need to help sort orders that will go home with the students.
  • Movie Night scheduled for 11/17/17
  • Still need a chair person for this event.
  • Movie will be Moana.
  • Need to check with Dana to make sure the license has not expired.
  • Holle's will try to get donated popcorn from the movie theater again.
  • Flyer will go out prior to the event.
  • Donuts for Dads scheduled for November 14 and 15
  • Michelle Harding to chair, still need a co-chair.
  • Roxanne and Dana to help pick up items the morning of.
  • Mr. Gabauer to look into where we can place milk and juice prior to.
  • Restaurant Nights
  • Alicia Wozniak will be organizing these events this year. Rosio Lopez to help print reminder fliers for distribution to the students.
  • Monday, November 6th –Arni’s
  • Will keep us updated as she schedules them.
  • Box Tops
  • Amber Simons has registered online and informed us that last year approximately $600 was raised and since this event started at Wea Elementary approximately $19,000.00 has been raised.
  • She is also looking into different types of fliers that could be sent home with students to help encourage even more participation.

Unfinished Business

  • Need update on what was made at the two restaurant nights with Hot Box and Pink Walrus.
  • Need update on what was made from the candle fundraiser.
  • New Business
  • Veterans Day program will be on Wednesday, November 9th at 9:30 a.m. PTO approved the purchase of carnations that will be presented to the veterans that are in attendance.
  • Mr. Gabauer reported that TSC implemented a policy that no longer allows for the PTO to store items in the cafeteria refrigerators.
  • PTO to look into using sign up genius or school wide text alerts to send out volunteer requests for events. Will need to find out if this would be allowed.
  • Michelle to look into getting signs for outside the school to inform parents of when PTO meetings are.
  • Talked about setting up a Facebook page and finding an admin for that for PTO.
  • The next PTO meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 13th at 6:00 p.m.
  • The meeting was adjourned.

Submitted by Amber Laffoon, PTO Secretary

November

Monday, November 13, 2017 PTO Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting was called to order
  • Attendance
  • All officers, Mr. Gabauer and Mrs. Merryman and one parent present.
  • Presidents Report
  • Heidi Wallar reported as to Family Fun Night
  • Treasurers Report
  • Candle sales $4,700.00 profit.
  • Fannie May sales $10,650.00 profit.
  • Flower’s for Veteran’s Day--$24.00 was spent
  • Author Visit approximately $1000 was spent
  • Brain to Brain program for teachers approximately $3000 was spent
  • Teacher support checks went out. ($150/teacher)
  • Events
  • Donuts for Dads scheduled for November 14 and 15
  • Restaurant Nights
  • Monday, December 11th –Igloo
  • Tuesday, January 9th—McDonald’s
  • Box Tops
  • Amber Simons reported that $416.00 was made.

Unfinished Business

  • Need update on what was made at the three restaurant nights with Hot Box, Pink Walrus and Arni’s.
  • Need update on what was made with spirit wear sales.
  • New Business
  • Read A Thon will be in March
  • Discussed a color run/walk in spring
  • PTO information to be placed on Wea Ridge FB page.
  • The next PTO meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 4th at 6:00 p.m.
  • The meeting was adjourned.

Submitted by Amber Laffoon, PTO Secretary

December

January

February

March

April

May

Powered by Finalsite